View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #48
FordMike

Default Re: School me on flatheads... Did I bite off more than I can chew?

As far as the 2 nuts that I had trouble getting, I just heated a POS harbor freight wrench with a torch and bent it so I could reach in there and turn them.

I still have made no more progress since my last post. Lets face it, this isnt going to be an over the top build by and means, for those of you who didnt know I'm 18 and I'm not one of those brats who gets everything handed to them, hell I'm not even allowed to put this in the garage. I know an old timer in the next town over who rebuilds and hops up 4 bangers (A and B). I'll have to talk to him next time I see him and see if he has any flathead knowledge or if he would be willing to lend me a hand or teach me a little. I have come to the realization that I will probably not have the money to have a machine even look at this. So I wont be holding my breathe that this will be machined. I do know where there is another 24 stud engine which is WAY better than this one but money is tight for me. I thought about that one but I still want to take this one apart. Alright enough of my babbling for the night.

As always everyone thanks for the responses.
FordMike is offline   Reply With Quote