View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 02:26 PM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Steering Sector grease or oil for 37 Ford??

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I've used John Deere Corn Head Grease since 2013 in my '35 fordor sedan. In early 2013 I was prepping my car for a cross-country trip and intending to completely redo my brakes, rebuild the rear while installing 3.54 gears, and rebuild the steering gear as necessary, and prevent the box from leaking gear oil. As our departure time, first week in June, got closer and closer, I decided not to tackle the steering and try the JDCH Grease to provide good lubrication and hopefully stop, or at least decrease the leakage problem as many people had recommended it would.....and they were correct. After traveling 7,200 miles on this trip, I only lost a slight amount of the JD grease and confirmed an improvement in ease of steering. Eight years later, I'm still using JD grease in the steering box, and only adding a slight amount every other oil change.

Now truth be told....if or when I rebuild that steering box, and confirm I've corrected the leaking problem, I would use the Penn Rite steering box oil, as others here have recommended.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 08-06-2021 at 07:45 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote