View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #20
packrat5
BANNED

Default Re: Parts For Sale Again

It would be difficult if not impossible to list 5 storage buildings full of stuff, my 2 car garage, and my entire basement as individual parts. I want to sell the most notable, and hopefully desirable, and just scrap the rest. I have already hauled away several trailer loads of y-block and fifties parts. I HAVE to get rid of all of it, including the cars.
Like I said it's more of a curse than anything. Swap meet? you need a truck, and a trailer to haul this stuff. You will also need a tent as well. A weekend sale could easily cost you $500 to set up and sell. E-pay? Give them 30% off the top, sell it for their recommended price, their recommended shipping, give a percentage to paypal, package it up, haul it to a shipper, and then have the guy lodge a bogus complaint, and the money gets pulled from your account and the guy gets the part, and his money back. Think it doesn't happen? Think again. What gets me the most is, all of this stuff is either new or primo. I didn't save any junk (like most of the swap meet stuff) I can't believe no one wants any of it. And it's not a matter of wrong timing. When I wanted to buy something, I always found a way to get it. There is always a way to scrounge up a few bucks, or cut a deal with the seller. Pictures? I don't have a cell phone, I do have a digital camera, but I can't figure out a way to get photos on this site. If someone wants photos I can easily send them e-mail. Just posting pictures for everyone's entertainment is not my idea of fun, or time well spent. If you are interested, and know what you want what, good are pictures anyway. Photos have a way of being deceptive. Nuff said, for now

Last edited by packrat5; 12-18-2019 at 02:15 PM.
packrat5 is offline   Reply With Quote