View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #6
Ron Pilger

Default Re: advertising to sell, but doesn't seem to want to sell????

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Generally speaking, shipping antique auto parts across the Canada/U.S. border is not difficult. One extra form to accurately complete. The bigger issue is currency exchange rate fluctuations; also not a big or insurmountably issue at all. 'A mute point in this particular for sale ad, for the air cleaner, for certain. Post 3 above did make me think back twenty years, however, when i had a truck and trailer load of "good stuff" to take down to the Portland swap meet from Alberta. The U.S. agent stopped me at the border for about five hours as the rule book states that a Canadian cannot sell goods for profit in the U.S. I needed to hire a person, with U.S. citizenship, to be my sales agent at the swap meet, otherwise i would be taking away an American's job. I had to get hold of the swap meet organizers who agreed to "represent me" on a commission basis for the weekend. He was the only person allowed to do the negotiations on anything I brought down, according to the letter of the law. Geez! it all worked out nicely in the end. but the two and one-half day drive meant we got in just about in time to start setting up morning 1.
Ron Pilger is offline   Reply With Quote