Thread: New block
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 09:10 PM   #327
A bones

Default Re: New block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Floored View Post
( Even though a million guys seem to have no problem putting Gm power in their Fords ) lol
Think of all those high dollar hot rods, ( years like Duece, '34, '40 etc ) with escalating value, and the opportunity to upgrade to an improved new flathead, when that chebby starts getting too noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Didn't mean to ruffle feathers, just talking real world. I wish Tod all the good wishes and good will possible. Go for it.
In a world ( specialized automotive ) where the main energy is desire, real is what real does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
Folks like me would just be glad to have a stocker available.
Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Floored View Post
It's quite an exciting prospect and I truly believe this project will surprise people at how well received it is within the Flathead community and also to the casual fan.
I'm thinking that many are envious when they see one, but for some stigma they take the more traveled road. This will smooth out the bumps and widen the lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5851a View Post
When the originals are gone they are gone. I still think there are more restoration/rebuild people than there are racers, not to discount there efforts. Most would be happy with just a replacement.
Yes racers are wonderful guys, but more of us, really enjoy the status of public streets.