Thread: New block
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 04:28 PM   #262
Tod

Default Re: New block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Floored View Post
Another thought that doesn't have anything to do with this project technically but what would be a possible way to market and service this block?

Tod do you have plans afoot on this subject? Will you be assigning specific vendors or do you have the ability to do that inhouse?

From past experience having knowledgeable key people to handle any issues that might arise at with the consumers can really make a difference.

It might even be something that FoMoCo themselves would like to add to their performance parts department. In fact the having a Ford part number might even help the psychology of those desirous of using genuine Ford parts in their cars. (Even though a million guys seem to have no problem putting Gm power in their Fords) lol
I need to be able to deal through builders. They can supply finished blocks to customer specs. One thing I learned early on in the FE projects was that I need to be able to supply a basic machined block that can be finished to stock and beyond. There are too many ways to finish a block for me to cater to individuals.

I doubt I will be doing anything with Ford.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)