View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 10:55 PM   #7
John Dayhuff

Default Re: So when would my car actually have been made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
First of all...what is the restoration history of your car? I'll try and answer the best I can.

Did you restore it or did someone else? The car was restored in the mid to later 60's from what I know about the car.

Was it restored to the MARC/MAFCA Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards? I have no idea.

Was it just put together without any attention to detail? Maybe that 1929 engine is all the last person had and did not pay attention to detail. Not sure what you mean by detail but I do know that the same engine has been in the car for over 50 years.

Was it an original assembled car restored to original condition? Yes sir.

Why do I ask all these questions? We know nothing about your car and it is very hard to try to explain just when it came off the assembly line.

All production stopped at all Ford Assembly Plants in October 1929 for which they used up all 1929 parts and revised the assembly lines to make way for the 1930 models which were released to the public in November 1929. Interesting.

There are all sorts of senarios on can look at. For sure, I wish I could tell you more or had that number off the frame. In theory, if the engine was original would it have the same number on the frame as the engine does?

One can figure out closely to about where and when ones car was assembled if it has the right factors to do so.

Pluck
Thanks,