View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #7
GOSFAST

Default Re: A new video for the new year. Vintage Buma boring machine running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
I just edited up a new video. It's a vintage Buma boring machine, running for the first time in heaven knows how long.

I've been working on this over the last few weeks, just trying to get it back into serviceable condition. The lower bearing was quite bad so I bought some new bearings and got those fitted. I bought a left hand lathe tool and modified it to fit. I used my Elliott milling machine which is always a pleasure.

Apologies for the lighting, I have inserted some still shots to try and show what I was waffling on about. So why not spend 5 mins quality time with me in the garage?

If you enjoy it please hit the like button and subscribe if you feel so inclined. Comments are welcome too.

If anyone has experience operating such a machine, I would be interested in any hints and tips that can be shared.

Cheers.

Mart.

https://youtu.be/dTYQPH2nVbg
Hi Mart, thanks for the video, but that's a relatively "new" boring bar, it runs on electricity??

We have an "old" one here, and we can even bore Flathead blocks without electricity? Wouldn't want to or even need to today, but we could do it!

(Add) This bar can be used with the engine still "under-the-hood"!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. Here's a couple shots, it's so old there's a 4-digit phone number included, made by one of the best tool mfr's around still today, Rottler!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rottler Boring Bar 1928 A.jpg (35.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Rottler Boring Bar 1928 B.JPG (84.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Rottler Boring Bar 1928 D.jpg (41.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Rottler Address 1928.jpg (70.1 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by GOSFAST; 01-04-2019 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Add
GOSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote