View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #26
big job

Default Re: Rotella Oil Question

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I use Rotella in all my diesels. I use Valvoleen 20-50 racing oil (Gray bottle) in all my
gas jobs said to have zink way better oil pressure and none burn or use oil. And then
I bought a new F250 in 1975 (360) If you do not use Ford 300 oil your warranty will
be void? Far as I know Ford is not in the refinery business probably Shell with a Ford
stamp on it. So, I was already wrenching when all make flatheads were new. They
didn't have much of a warranty back then. Just about all were serviced from the local
gas station. Stations looked for oil deals, then oil was put in those pump tanks then
pumped in glass bottles. Old guys will remember that. Bottom line back then is you
never knew what came out of that bottle. And they ran and ran for 20 cents a quart.
Up on the lift watching my father with a coat hanger dragging crap out of the drain hole.
In high school I say about 65% cars teachers and seniors cars were flatheads and we
were well into the 352 390 days but not for the 55 to 65 dollar pay check. And they ran
and got you there like the great 1978 blizzard all I had was a 51 V8 with tire chains got
me there. People don't flinch using premium oil in their 2018 rice burner but use
Walmart stuff in a high buck rebuild. I don't get it. Just go to Model T forum on this site
and all say buy cheap oil at K Mart, ya gotta be kiddin.. No cheap stuff for my 100 yr
old baby...................
big job is offline   Reply With Quote