View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
L78CHEVELLE

Default How do you handle disrespect for you & your car?

How do you handle disrespect for you and your car? I live in a small town on a major interstate highway with two exits. I drive one of my ’40 Fords almost daily. I enjoy talking to people that know about the cars or love them for some reason. Today while putting gas into my ’40 station wagon a man came up to the car and started looking at it. First thing he said to me, "how much". I told him the car does not have any for sale signs on it. “Yes but everything is for sale for the right price”. Then he says, “I don’t have to ask my wife and I can have the cash to you in about two hours. I tell you what I’m going to do. I will give you $10,000 for this car”. I didn’t respond. Then he says, “I’m not going to let you leave until you price me this car”. I got in the car and left with him talking to me the entire time. Situations like this are happening so often it is starting to affect where and how I use my cars. People like this don’t have any interest in the car. Their only interest is the money they want to make by taking advantage of the owner.
L78CHEVELLE is offline   Reply With Quote