View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 11:29 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: '28 Tudor: Wood blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs1961815 View Post
The original type body pads were made of fabric reinforced rubber. You can buy sheets or rolls of it easily from places such as McMaster Carr.
My research counters this. Many of the drawing I have list the specifications just as I attached on the attached PDF file below. Now to clear, some anti-squeak items do mention cloth reinforced rubber however have found many do not. I have never taken the time to read the Engineer's Information notes on this, and this would likely take a couple of hours. For example, the part number I have listed below is for a 1928/29 chassis, and there are well over a dozen revisions to just this one item from 11/27 thru 01/30. If you are restoring using the RG&JS as the directive, you will need to follow their direction on using cloth reinforced rubber. If you want to restore authentically, then you should follow what is shown on the engineer's factory drawings for the time-period you are restoring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy View Post
How thick are the body block pads? I'd be tempted to cut them from the sidewalls of an old tire ifn the thickness was correct or close enough.
There were different thicknesses, and in some areas there were multiple layers used for that location. As I recall, some were 3/16" thick and some were 1/4". That's pretty thick for an inner tube isn't it??

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Body Block Rubber Specs.pdf (705.6 KB, 76 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote