View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 07:42 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: '28 Tudor: Wood blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd-28 View Post
Cool, I'll take a look.

Re the blocks themselves, I certainly could order a pre-made kit. But what's the fun in having all these tools if I don't use them to make parts when I can? If anybody has the dimensions handy, that would be appreciated.
I have the dimensions, ...but what fun is it to give those dimensions for free instead of letting that person find those dimensions on factory drawings and then paying for the factory prints?

The advice given above about buying them is likely your best option. The vendors worked to find those dimensions, and then they set-up to manufacture them to supply those who are unable to take the time to research them on their own. I realize you have the necessary tools, and you likely have a tape measure too, -but there is more at stake here than just 'cutting some wood' to make blocks. Miss your measurements and the body is not properly supported on the frame. This causes door alignment issues and hood fitment issues. Rarely does a Restorer have all of the resources to handle all facets of the restoration. No shame in understanding that and purchasing items you cannot completely handle yourself.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote