View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #18
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Counter balanced crank

My thought was about using the 1932 model B uncounter balanced crank shaft . The main bearings would have to be machined down to model A size . The rod journals on the 1932 model B crankshaft are larger and stronger than the model A crankshaft . It is way lighter than the heavy replacement BB truck crankshaft . The 32 model B crankshaft is lighter than the often called C forged counterweighted cranks used in 1933 and later model B type engines. The model B original flywheels were lighter .The last one was 18 pounds lighter .This was just a thought for a stronger engine that could have a lighter stronger than model A, lighter than counter balanced and quicker reving than stoick model A or B . I'm not an engineer or machinist . I would have to farm out the crankshaft grinding.I've used stock model A crankshafts since 1960 and have never had a failure . I think I've got five or six beaver tail crankshafts . that is just another lighter stronger crank possibilities that I may never get around to tring . No disagreement .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote