View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 02:24 PM   #9
Kube

Default Re: 78-8620 'A' vs 'C' gen belt 42-48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
Well, that's of interest. The repro Drake 'C' is molded. My older Script was white stenciled. Since the Drake 'C' absolutely will not fit what it is advertised to fit, your idea of a stencil on a modern 'spec similar' belt is what I suppose I will have to live with. I'll put the 'A' back on, use the 'aftermarket' as a spare and spend my time and effort on other things -that matter. Appreciate reply.
You can put the A back on but that won't be correct either.
Fan Belts for 85 and 95 H.P. Engines

Two different fan belts were installed on 1940 Ford passenger vehicles with 85 and 95 horsepower engines. Belt (78-8620-A) was installed only on vehicles whose generator pulleys were 3 11/16" in diameter. This belt / pulley combination was in production until the beginning of June, 1940. At that time a redesigned pulley with a diameter of 3 3/16" was placed in production. Thus a shorter belt (78-8620-C) was required and placed in production to coincide with the smaller pulley.

Fan Belts for 60 H.P. Engines

Two different fan belts were installed on 1940 Ford passenger vehicles with 60 horsepower engines. Belt (52-8620-C) was used only with the larger diameter generator pulley. When the smaller diameter generator pulley was placed in production at the beginning of June, 1940, a shorter belt (52-8620-D) was installed with the pulley.