View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #28
CT AV8

Default Re: What kind of brake drums are these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
When I thought I might want to try this in the 70's this kind of info was not readily available to me.Everywhere I turned I was told to just convert to hydraulics and be done with it.I kind of thought I could figure out something for the front,but the rears were another story......I have plenty of 12 inch drums,but I think I gave all the backing plates and hardware to an early V8 guy.Seems to me the parking brake was puzzling me when I looked into doing it.
You need the '35 backing plates and operating pins to do this but for everything else you use Model A. You are correct about the parking brake issue. '35's did not have additional shoe and used the service brakes for parking also. There is an elongated opening on the clevis that allows the brakes to engage without activating the brake lights. On a Model A w/ '35 brakes you could have the hand brake activate the brake cross shaft and have a switch to disconnect brake light or a main disconnect for everything. I always disconnect battery whenever I shut off anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1883.jpg (58.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1885.jpg (46.6 KB, 22 views)
CT AV8 is offline   Reply With Quote