View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #50
Ol' Ron

Default Re: Relieving 8BA Block

I modified a junk aluminum head to determine the affect of the transfer area had on flow. I sterted with a 4 deg angle and went up to a 12 deg angle. After 8 degs no improvement in flow took place with the port valvr combination i had in the block. Although this did increase flow, it also reduced the CR drastically. I then got as piece of wood and made up a bunch of combustion chamber designs t find the one that flowed the best with the highest CRr This was a wedge chamber the same as the Chevy 348/409 style. I waanted to have Egge make a set oof blanks for me so I could machine the heads and pistons to match, but the cost was much too high. Later i discovered that this chamber had already been used in a Bonneville engine. This is probably the best design so far, untill some one comes uo with a better one.
When it comes to running a fast car I believe the normally aspirated ones require th highest degree of engineering. Stuffing an engine with fuel or a blower is a lazy way to make power. However, I repect those that do, because they have to hold them together.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote