View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 04:23 AM   #16
tiger.1000

Default Re: Please educate me on scammers when selling a car

Here in the UK I recently advertised a car for £37,500. A man called Jerry Bryant emailed me stating that he would like to buy it for his son who lived in Cyprus....Mr Bryant lived in Greece.
We agreed a price and sure enough, as promised a bank draft arrived in the post and yes sent from Greece....Curiously the draft was for £45,500 ! Yes, considerably in excess of the asking price. Needless to say Mr Bryant was unable to view the car as he was busy working on an oil rig.....sound familiar?

I didn't pay the draft in to my account for obvious reasons.

Interestingly, had I done so, according to them that know, it would have "cleared" and of course at that stage I would release the car to Mr Bryant's shipping company.

Now, here's the catch.....even though your account may be temporarily credited with a considerable sum of money it is a "fraudulent transaction" and for that reason at any time in the future you may be debited with a very large sum and end up with no car !

Needless to say, Mr Bryant has terminated email correspondence and has disappeared....

A pal of mine who is an IT genius managed to trace the scource of the email address...Greece....NO ! Cyprus..NO!
USA....Yes !

Beware...they are out there to scam us !

So, Jerry Bryant....THE BARN IS WATCHING YOU !

Attached Images
File Type: jpg £45,500 cheque 001.jpg (31.8 KB, 55 views)
tiger.1000 is offline   Reply With Quote