View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 04:33 AM   #1
inex01

Default Excelsior Radial Tires

Two weeks ago I hit pot hole and destroyed one of my wheels which started a very expensive wheel and tire up-grade. All my wheels were not very healthy to begin with and I did have plans to either replace or have trued up. Hitting that darn Pot Hole has actually bought me a positive result.

My friend John told me he had some extra wheels in his barn some where and I would be welcome to them. Well he did have and they were/are in PERFECT CONDITION! these wheels were still the original color and the paint was only dulled the holes where the lugs go are also perfect they look like new. So I paid John $50.00 per wheel which he did no want to accept! brought them home sanded them down and gave them a fresh coat of "Apple Green" (Rustolium FERN) and wow do they look great!. I have been hearing how great the new Excelsior Radial Tires were.

A person I met at one of our local car shows had them on his sedan and told me he would never go back to bias ply because the car was tracking and handling so super. So I bit the bullet "was saving up money anyway" and bought a set. On Saturday it was raining so I mounted all the tires on my new rims and also installed "Balance Beads".

Yesterday my Wife and I took the car for a drive and guys I just do not have the ability to describe how much better this car is now. It does not wander, has a more solid ride and handles so darn well. If you are considering new tires drive someones car before you purchase and you may want to spend the extra bucks. My total tire cost was $1,174.00 with tubes from Mac's

Last edited by inex01; 06-23-2014 at 04:42 AM.
inex01 is offline   Reply With Quote