View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 01:33 PM   #39
hardtimes

Default Re: How much better is a B block than an A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett4christ View Post
Finally got a good look at all sides...found the fuel pump boss!

It's a Model B!

Going to get it home and try to make a silk purse from this sow's ear! Wish me luck!

'wish me luck' !
If you are at all dependent on luck, in this type situation....you're most likely in for anything but !

There is no replacement for experience/skill/knowledge, etc. when going at this task. That's why most without these qualities , hire a good engine rebuilder....and communicate closely with that person for what you want.
Even the best here among us, have their detailed machine work done by expert machinist who do this for a living.

You might have heard this before, but if not....buy the two books that Jim B, a member here, has written on this specific subject(i.e.-engine building).

You/me anyone doesn't get that type of knowledge without going thru a LOT of trial/error...and heartache (read: money/failure)! Maybe cheating to learn from books and others, but I'm all in on that. See what I'm saying...excluding 'luck'.

Even some 'engine rebuilders' are unscrupulous sobs, so do your homework there also. If you were on the left coast, I would not hesitate to make a referral for excellent engine work and maybe who not to go to.

It is often said , about engine work wanted/needed...what is your intended use/purpose for the engine ? If you have to ask why this question, study up on the subject before spending a cent for parts and/or labor.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote