View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 09:28 PM   #291
GB SISSON

Default Re: Winter without a project?

It has been a cold, rainy spring, if one could even call this a spring. I have been totally swamped with work in the shop and combine these two factors and my normal fun in the sun after work has taken a back seat. Not to worry, I am never deterred for too long. Old Green is still not licensed but we went for an extended drive on the dirt roads around here this afternoon. So now it's time to get some front sheet metal on. After reading about Kube always installing the hood first, it made a lot of sense to me. So today I found the hood has a couple of problems. I knew the center spear was missing, but I found a mount for the driver's side hinge was cracked off and missing. I dragged my worst looking of 5 hoods up from the lower yard as it had a good mount. Tomorrow The sun is supposed to return so gonna take most of the day off and weld the mount onto my hood. As for that center spear I actually need two, so I had one to copy. Make sure you bring a magnet to 'Gary's Used Truck Lot'. Or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spear 1.jpg (156.1 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg spear 2.jpg (117.1 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg spears primed.jpg (107.4 KB, 168 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote