View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 04:34 PM   #46
Hitman

Default Re: Burned '32 PU came to new home today

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAmes View Post
I agree. Arrogant and rude to boot. I've been trying to get my '54 painted for quite awhile. Face to face they are on board. Two have promised to come by to give me an assessment and estimate. They never showed and don't return my calls. In desperation I contacted KCs Paint Shop, the guy who used to paint for the Gas Monkey Garage on Fast & Loud. They don't answer the phone and don't return e-mails. Another shop owner told me he makes more money doing insurance work than he can make doing full paint jobs.

I'm in central TX and can travel.
It's not arrogance or being rude. How many "free estimates" do you think they've given out only to never see the potential customer again? That takes time away from their work. No one likes the truth when shops charge in the $65-100 an hour for labor. They just complain when they get quoted for $20,000 paint jobs.

Insurance and warranty jobs will always pay better than custom work. That type of work is very clear on the rates that can be charged and the time it takes to do the job. A custom, full bodywork and repaint might take 1000-2000 hours, you never know what you're getting into until you're there. You'll tie up a couple of staff members for half a year doing a car! Those same staff could have done 40 or more insurance jobs and made a ton more money.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote