View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #1008
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Tom, first, I hope you have a super time going out to, being there, and returning from Bonneville! I’m looking forward to seeing you at the Moonshine Festival. Second, you know I drive all of our cars/trucks Flatheads, etc. I'm lucky to have a Generator/Alternator shop about 20 miles from me, they have converted and/or rebuilt several generators and starter motors for me. I just found another generator, (in my stash) that has the wide belt pulley (needed for the '51 F-1) on it. This afternoon I'll run it up to the shop and have them convert it to 12 volts. You know I have a one wire alternator on the LZ; it was on her when I got her... The original generator was in the trunk (along with a bunch of other original parts) so, once I have everything else done to the Zephyr, I'll have the generator converted to 12 volts and put it in its proper place.
Vic - honestly, if I had a shop that close to me I would have had my generators all rebuilt to 12 volts and carry 2 spares to go to Bonni with! By the time I drive to the rebuild place and back twice - once to drop it off, the other to pick it up - it's cheaper to buy the powergen!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote