View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
packyusmc

Default Re: '48 coupe heater hose connection question

I had to cut the bottom hoses when i removed the radiator in my '38. I bought new hose by the foot at Autozone, i think, There was no way you could bend that hose double and push both ends over at the same time. What i did was measure the length i needed, used some sort of lube, pushed one end on the water pump, lined up the other end to the radiator and then just pushed the radiator towards the rear I finished up the installation of the radiator ect and that was that. If you use that fitting for the heater hose, measure the hose for correct length, measure the radiator tube, passenger side lower and the water pump, find out where the fitting has to be and cut a round hole in the hose in the middle. Make sure the hole is the same size as the fitting nipple, use some kind of sealer around the nipple on the inside of the hose and in the nipple and cut in the hose. Put the top part on screw the nut on, then put the hose on like i indicated before. I dont know of any way i could get it on except the way Alan did his. Hope this helps.
packyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote