View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #2
steve hackel

Default Re: Scissor Type Lift

I personally own a 4 post Backyard Buddy and also a Snap ON scissors lift that was sold through NAPA, years ago. Each lift has its benefits and draw backs, and each one will perform a function that the other will not. I will say up front that have modified my own adapters to work with the 4 corner swing arms of the scissors lift, in order to accommodate the narrow width and higher aspect of the A' frame. MY adapters will reach either the frames rails, or the rear axle and the sides of the engine at the frame.
There is not a lot of room to work "UNDER" the area of car that is directly above the scissors platform, but that distance has been increased a great deal with my modified posts that fir into the corners of the swing arms. Are my 2 style lifts for every one, certainly not. Many will argue that a good 2 post lift is the only way to go, probably true for them, but mine works just fine; I also must admit that I never had a lift for the first 65 years of my life, so the acquisition of these has change my views dramatically. yes, I still get down on all 4s or lay on the ground to do certain things, but the lifts do have their place. In closing, I will say that I got fantastic deals on each of these just by following the papers, Craigs List and also Ebay, and both of them were bought locally for pennies on the dollar. P.S. yes, the scissors lift is quite stable, but only if you read the instructions and pay strict attention to the balance points of your vehicle. I have lifted up my Chevy Silverado 1500 and had no issues, but it took me many tries to find the center of gravity. keep a small note book hands and or use your cell phone to take pictures where things work best. Good Luck!
steve hackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)