View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #14
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Help!--need some interior photos of 29 Tudor

Thanks Dan for adding the photos.

Thanks Gary for adding to the assembly.

To add to this story or assembly...concerning the cardboard strip between the metal garnish strip and the windlace (A Cowl Pillar)...It is approximatly 1/2 inches wide and 1/16 inches thick and however long the metal strip is. it is sewn onto the windlace. When assembling to the pillar, work your way UPWARDS thus trimming off excess length at the top but leave enough for tacking at the top.

As far as the B Pillar is concerned...THERE IS NO CARDBOARD STRIP ON THIS PIECE.

However you want to make sure to sew the best you can right up to the rounded rubber tubing...two lines of thread about 1/2 inch apart.

The original BLACK tubing measures 0.375...Just a little under 3/8 of an inch...This may have shrunk over the coarce of 90 years or so...see the article I did in the above post #11.

Now as far as the windlace assembly above the doors...ORIGINALLY the windlace was covered over a special moulded piece of rubber. No sewn threads seen on these two parts that I have which came of either a 28-29 Tudor or Coupe.

Bill...I am going to let you borrow this piece tonight at the meeting and if you could take a photo of it and put it on here I would appreciate it.

To replicate this assembly...one might just sew cardboard to the windlace so it fits nicely above the door. It is not tacked anywhere except on the ends as it slips between the upper door garnish and the metal roof rail.

The two long pillar strips of windlace are attached first followed by the upper door windlace assembly.

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 02-04-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote