View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #7
fred93

Default Re: Help!--need some interior photos of 29 Tudor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forddan View Post
These 2 are from the driver side:

Thanks--these pixs are great--they show just what I was looking for. From what I see in these pixs and what I have looked at on the parts that I have--please correct me if I am not right.

#1--Install windlace and windlace retainer to A pillar.

#2--Install left & right vertical metal windshield garnish moldings.

#3--Install upper upholstery panel (long narrow piece that goes above door and quarter window)

#4--Install header panel above windshield (not sure which panel overlaps the other panel--I have pictures that show both ways--anyone know which is correct?

Of course the more questions that get answered the more questions I have. Since the interior was all removed before I started work on the car I have nothing to go by!

I have been playing with the wind lace that goes on the A pillar (I guess it is called the A pillar) and I have found that the wind lace as it was purchased from LB seems to have a wider "selvage" than the wide of the metal retainer. See photos attached. Does that selvage need to be trimmed???

Also--the wind lace has been rolled up for years. Anyone have any ideas of how to straighten it??? I was thinking if tacking it to a piece of wood and set a heat lamp over it! I also thought of putting an aluminum rod in the center of the plastic/rubber core.

When I go to install the wind lace should I spot glue it to hold it in place. How do I make the holes for the rivets??? What a PITA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Labeled windlace.jpg (58.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg windlace labeled.jpg (65.6 KB, 30 views)