View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #16
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Mel Gross cast iron brake drums

Just one (1) actual experience.

Mr. Mel Gross recommended "only" ........ "his" installed bonded brakes for my Model A which are working great after (6) to (7) years.

Now. as far as different Model A Forum opinions heard on bonded brakes ..... there are look alike bonded brakes and look alike BONDED BRAKES ...... just like look alike women and look alike LADIES.

I remember a Franchise Company about 45 years ago named "BIG Brakes" who advertised to give a "Life of the Car" warranty on their brake jobs.

After about 3,000 miles I was on just about all four (4) wheels almost "Iron to Iron".

When I went to Big Brake, I was so very lucky:

The customer ahead of me was in Bermuda Shorts with no shirt on, tattoos all over, head to foot, pony tail, smoking hand-rolled left-hand cigarettes, all ribs exposed, with half his teeth missing, and he was there at Big Brake for his 3rd replacement of Big Brake bonded linings.

After he shoved his 38 Caliber Police Special Pistol Barrel "way" up the owner's nostril, the owner immediately promised to call the local dealership to buy linings from the dealer in lieu of using his pre-engineered cheap Bid Brake Linings.

He called the dealer for mine also; and about 150,000 miles later, I sold my car with the Big Brake installed "Car Dealer's" bonded linings ..... thanks to the guy with the pistol ....... with his Bermuda Shorts hanging way down low below his belt line exposing a vertical linear part of the gluteus maximus part of his anatomy.

Word on Big Brake soon spread like wild fire ....... after a month or so this Big Brake Shop had a For Sale Sign on it.

Life was so easy back then when we could "freely & physically" sincerely communicate with other people.

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 03-27-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote