View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
dean from bozeman

Default Re: Love to have a copy of Doc Kalinka's Early Bird Survey

Al, thanks for your reply.

I remember talking to Doc and he referenced the survey. At the time I didn't think to ask him if he still had a copy of it.

The article in the Sept.-Oct. 1967 issue of the Restorer he talks about compiling information from 'the 1928 Owner Questionnaire which has been sent out to interested owners over the past two years'. So it seems that it was not available in a Restorer but probably was mailed out. It is a copy of that questionnaire that I'd like to get a copy of.

I know that the Goodings from Idaho and Joe Crum from California were some of the first folks to notice these differences. The trouble is that most of the people who answered the questionnaire are not around any more. I will contact Mike Gooding, Fred's son, and Don Bivens to see if they might still have a copy of it.

Fordbarn is a great way to find information. That is why I'm putting this request out there. Hopefully someone will say, "I found that in my dad's stuff" or "Our club has a copy". As it is an integral part of ve28/e28 history, it would be great to have a copy of it.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote