View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #22
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40cpe View Post
Maybe it is just a bug.
Hey Mr. 40C,
Normally this would just be taken in stride, but there is a mitigating circumstance.

Back in 1998, it was discovered that I had a rare autoimmune Liver disease, the therapy for which is Corticosteroids, which through a quite complex physical rigmarole suppresses the Immune System to keep it it from attacking the Liver.

BUT, a suppressed Immune System is ALSO unable to defend against OTHER invasions such as the "bugs".

As a result, have for the past twenty years lived a quite cloistered (it's called a "bubble") life, seldom getting out, having no visitors, and no physical contact with ANYONE other than medical personnel.

The foray to the Post Office, and Grocery Store, yesterday, and subsequent conversations with the people wanting to know about Ms. American was quite a cavalier event. I should have been more careful. I usually am, and it has become ordinary for me to notice if someone has the sniffles, cough, and etc. No one yesterday appeared to have any maladies, but one never knows.

But I don't think I came into contact with a BUG. This was more like food poisoning. There's a subtle, but discernible difference.

Fortunately, as the day has progressed the HIGH Temperature (it got up to 101.8) has gone down to 99.4. So I think I'm going to be all right.

The instructions from the MDieties (that's what I call the doctors) are: If the temperature gets to 103, head for the Emergency room.

The other thing is to just go onto cold water. Because of having nothing to eat since yesterday, am feeling kind of puny. Just going up the stairs takes a major effort.
Quote:
Hope you feel better soon.
Am already on the rebound, thank you.

But this "speed bump" has put a kink in the roll that I was on for the past three weeks. It's going to take a few more days to get the Energy&Focus back. Fortunately, was able to dodge the bullet yet again. Will just have to wait, and see how things go.

Am going to put me back on the bed with another gallon of cold water.

Hope YOU are doing well.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)