View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #188
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Great Day in the Neighborhood!!!!! Today after work and a visit with Don P. and Jim C., I went to garage and wanted to try the 6 volt battery again. I had taken the battery back to Interstate to have them load test. It tested good, I have been having starting problems from the beginning, new battery, new battery cables and starter checked. Today I wanted to check battery again to see if the generator was working so I wanted to start. The problem was I have all the old wire removed even the push button to start because I had used the old wire connected to button to solenoid. So I thought I would use the push button on bottom of solenoid. Reached in car and turned on the switch, hit gas pedal twice, choke and not even two rolls of engine and RUNNING. I had just pressed the cables on battery post, not even bolt tight but twist tight. Let car run until warm near hot, turned off and hit button on bottom of solenoid and instant start. All this time the solenoid controlled by the dash push button has been the problem. Will have to order a new solenoid!!!!! Next I went to the Zephyr speedometer I left soaking in PB oil. Worked in more oil in small hole and used a cut off end piece of speedo cable and tried again to move, moved a little, more oil, moved more and now I can rotate. Will let soak more and try a cordless drill tomorrow. Starting problem solved and speedometer close to being free up!!! Still need a new speedo cable from rear of car to speedometer, 165.5 inches long.
Solenoid on fire wall problem, will start car fine with manual button, but not with electric push button.

Speedometer, small piece of speedo-cable stuck in little hole is where I found you could get oil into gears. Thanks Terry for info, I now can move but still very stiff.
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote