View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:10 AM   #11
George Miller

Default Re: questions to ask engine rebuilder.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Would it not be easier for a known good re-builder to to simply give what he (you) consider a good answer than to have someone with no or little engine re-building experience research the right or suitable answer? Some of the questions have obvious answers but other like number 1, are we looking for the answer to be everything is done in house? Should we be suspicious if the answer is some/all is farmed out, do we then contact the people that do that work and ask them the same questions.

You and J and M know the answers, you live the answers, we have seem photos of your work we have read from people that have had work done by you and others on the forum. We might not know the answers or even have the wrong answers based of builders of questionable quality.
Are there BS answers that sound good to the casual owner but you guys would point out right away as BS?

And I agree 100% with your statement that where the engine was rebuilt should be kept by the owner. I'm not sure I would even tell the present re-builder if it were me that had the engine as I don't see what difference would it make to the new guy. My comment was the I believe that any "narrowing" comments like "look at what this NE engine builder did" serves no real purpose. "Look at what this engine re-builder did" works just fine.

As for your comment about post police, I'm confused? Did I have J and M banned from the site? Did I have his post removed? I have read posts by you that disagreed with the information given in the post and neither I or anyone else questioned your right to your opinion. Nobody said anything about you being "post police" when you give comments. If you can give your opinion so can the rest of us.

I think it is a great post and only want more. I voted it max stars. I printed it out for future use by me and members of our club.

Send me an e-mail if you like We don't need to go back and forth on this here.

This is a good post and I'm sorry if I made you or J and M feel other wise!

If you give out the right answers, the bad builder would know what to say.
George Miller is offline   Reply With Quote