View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #147
SUHRsc

Default Re: My new 1939 Sedan Delivery!

Finally a little update and some questions...
I have been sidetracked with many other things... and this poor '39 has been tucked in a corner...

A few days ago I rolled it out into the middle of the garage and started making some lists of parts I need and getting an idea of what REALLY needs fixed in order to get it on the road...

Mainly the drivers door is needing a good bit of repair... It had a rats nest in it and I guess that's what ate it from the inside out...
Luckily it only needs a little bit of repair to the inner structure and probably about 7 or 8 inches of the outside skin

Need to find some 19 gauge sheet to repair this... shouldn't be a huge undertaking, hopefully!

I tried to fit up the front splash panel that I bought, which was missing... seems its about an inch too short?
Is this possibly for another year or a deluxe?
I can make it fit, no problem... just wondering

I bought a running 59AB from a friend of mine a while back... Started fiddling with it to change some things to make it fit in the '39... going to use it for the time being. The old motor is on the stand above...

Trying to figure out what these extra wires are for? They were like this when I bought it... taped off... I don't see them in the wiring diagram?
Maybe I am just missing it?

This is the heater that was in there... seems like a nice instalation... would this be just a random dealer installed unit?

Still hunting another taillight stand... for the other side...

I bolted some fog lights on the front to see how they look... these say Studebaker on the lense... the age and wear seems to match the rest of this '39... had to remove the front license mount to attach them even on both sides.... I figure they will be good for turn signals as I'm planning to drive this quite a bit when it gets roadworthy....

So thats about it for now...
not going to be a fast process as funds are tight... but I would love to have this roadworthy for Hershey in the fall... we'll see!
77-6050B, 81AS - 81SB - 99AS - 99SB 19AS cylinder heads
SUHRsc is offline   Reply With Quote