Thread: oil filter
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #25
KULTULZ

Post Re: oil filter

WHISTLING THROUGH THE GRAVEYARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford coupe View Post

THANKS GUYS ..I WANT THE MOTORCRAFT AS I WAS UP AGAINST A NICE 55 A COUPLE YRS AGO AT A CAR SHOW AND GOT SECOND SO I ASKED ONE OF THE JUDGES HOW COME THE GUY BEAT ME AND HE SAID TO TAKE THAT fRAM FILTER OFF AND INSTALL A MOTOR CRAFT AND YOU WOULD HAVE WON..Probably bs BUT??

tHANKS AGAIN fORD cOUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scicala View Post

The judge at the show should have said to make it correct, to put on the original steel canister with the center bolt and a filter cartridge. I don't think 272's were buitl after 1957, and didn't think spin on filters we used by Ford yet.

Sal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post

Yep. If the Judge is being picky enough to score your car 'not as correct' because of the brand of oil filter he should have known that a spin-on filter of any brand isn't original on an early Y-block, and scored that item more equally for both cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowbilly3 View Post

Maybe I'm wrong but the 272 was available in 57 as was tyhe spin on filter, so a spin on could be correct. As for the Fram on judging, I would cringe a little too on that level of event to see cheapo aftermarket stuff.
A SPIN-ON was available as an option, as was a two stage fuel pump-

-1955 TBIRD OPTIONS LISTING-

Quote:
Full-Flow Oil Filter ($9.15)
Now what gets me is that the judge said MOTORCRAFT, which was not released/available until 1973. It would have had to be decorated (ROTUNDA) of the period.

I am so anal that I could never been a judge. If there was a butt in the ashtray and it had a filter, I would have gigged him...

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote