View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 11:09 PM   #18
GB SISSON

Default Re: Hub cap identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman from oz View Post

For the benefit of GB SISSON, I am adding these pictures of an Australian 1940 Ford 122 Inch Open-Cab Pick-Up that I used to see frequently rusting away in a local back yard around 40 year ago. Originally, this vehicle would have worn the same style Hubcaps that started off this Thread. It was still wearing it's original Queensland License Plate. Back then, the only plate issued in Queensland was the one fitted to the rear. That all changed in 1955, when we got a new series of Plates that were required to be fitted to the front and rear. I have not seen or heard of it since, so I don't know if it still exists? I am not sure if it was the 01D Series 15-18 CWT model, or the 01Y Series 1 Ton and 25-30 CWT version. You will see that the rear body portion is not joined to the front part. I hope you enjoy looking at these pictures of a vehicle that I believe was unique to Australia?

Enjoy is just too small of a word. If you run across it again, I have a good rear axle just sitting here waiting for it. As my kids would say at a time like this "Dude, you are killin' me"
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote