View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
Slik

Default Re: Model B Worthington Tractor

A Worthington I just inherited pictured below. Crappy picture but the only one I have right now cause the car is in a garage with a hundred and 50 thousand things piled around it. This particular tractor is not original - it was "hot rodded" by Pete Van Iderstine - if the bright orange and 70s Cragars weren't enough to give that out There is also a non-running more traditional tractor there also (non-running - no picture).

The story I've been told is that CC Worthington owned a pump company (possibly in NJ or NY) the company made millions back during WWII when their pumps were used by the Army to get fresh water to troops inland while overseas. Eventually Worthington moved to PA and bought a large piece of property and build his own personal golf course. There were commercial tractors to cut the grass but they were constantly tearing up the lawn. Worthington cut up a Model A and created one of the first gang movers. He interest then became focused on tractors and he started developing the Worthington tractor company. Somewhere I have some of the history I'll try and dig it up again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tractor.jpg (253.3 KB, 85 views)
Slik is offline   Reply With Quote