View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
Gold Digger

Default The right way to use waterglass

I know some will say not to use waterglass but I have before with good results. This is not for a model A but for a B John Deere. I know I'm on the wrong website but I need some good information and I trust some of the old mechanics on here more than some other places. My question "Is". Can I use waterglass with out starting the engine? It leaks into the crankcase now and before I tore it down and had it cleaned and magnifluxed. The shop where I had it cleaned couldn't find a crack anywhere in the head or block. I thought it must have been the head gasket so I gave it a valve and ring job. Now it leaks into the crankcase still yet. If I disconnect the bottom radiator hose and bring it up over the level of the block, can I just fill it with mixed hot water and waterglass with the plug out of the crankcase and will it work? I hate to get it mixed in the bearings and other parts. Always before I used it on cracked dozer heads where it was blowing compression into the radiator and was a little different situation.
Gold Digger is offline   Reply With Quote