View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
Sixseven

Default Re: Met a Ford worker

It is unfortunate for most of us, including me, that I wasted many opportunities to talk to older, seasoned and experienced persons to learn of their life, their lessons, experiences, and history as seen through their eyes. It is frustrating to me to hear my own kids almost refusing to listen to older people as they judge them irrelevant. The younger generation seems to hang onto the words of their generation as though they want to figure out what has already been figured out, starting all over again with each generation.

I dearly regret all those opportunities that I missed. Had I paid attention when I was young and talked to a 85-year old person who would have been at least 20 years old at the time of the era, I could have had a first hand account of the turn of the last century, the phase out of the horse and buggy and the first car they remember in their home town. A 67-year old person could have told me about the Great War, a 50-year old could talk about the depression, a 40-year old person could talk about WWII and my friends big brother could have been killed in Vietnam.
Sixseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)