Thread: "Gener-Nator"?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
pgerhardt

Default "Gener-Nator"?

Currently I am running a Powermaster alternator/generator look-a-like in my 29 tudor. However it is not a complete solution. The Powermaster is 1 & 1/4 inches larger in diameter than the model A generator. I think they just shipped their V-8 unit with the brackets needed to install on a model A. On a V-8 size is not an issue since the generator is on top of the engine with nothing else around it (Picture 1), but on the model A the larger size means that the Powermaster unit rubs up against the block. I have a piece of rubber keeping them separate (picture 2) . However it is not a good solution.

I am in touch with Don Allen who can build a "Generator-Nator" (an alternator in an actual model A generator case). This would be a true solution, but these are NOT cheap at $1K. This was expected as this is not a manufactured product, but appears to be custom built by Don for each order.

I am at the age, and stage of life, where I can afford one. However I don't want to throw away $1K either. has anyone out their run one of Don's "Gener-Nators", and how it it perform for you?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flathead_Engine_completeV8-60_color.jpg (23.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3581.jpg (38.6 KB, 151 views)
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote