View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
JtownJoe

Default radiator hose sealant

Hi, I have a constant seep of antifreeze from the top of my top radiator hose to neck connection.
I've tried new hoses but found the problem to be a few VERY SMALL dings or flat spots on surface in the radiator neck.
I Tried all the usual steps, a little grease on the outside of the neck & etc but nothing seems to cure it, I am afraid of over tightening the hose clamp any further and damaging the neck so I thought a sealant or Permatex gasket maker on the surface might help but I'm of course cautious about using anything that might adhere the hose to the neck and make a later hose removal a big problem.
I have 4 or 5 types of Permatex Products in the garage, Ultra Copper #101BR, Ultra Black #82180, Black Silcone#81158, Blue RTV #6B & Red Hi-Temp RTV#80726. Anyone have a suggestion on best choice? (Or other suggestions?)
I don't want to take a chance on cracking or damaging the neck to tank solder joint so I'm not wanting to take out the radiator for attempted repairs unless all else fails.
JtownJoe is offline   Reply With Quote