View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #33
GMCPASO

Smile Re: Who's running a Marvel/Schebler carb?

Well I have been running one of these carbs with the accelerator function and find a noticeable quicker pickup. Seems to have better acceleration and much smoother idle and operation. Of the 6 I purchased at a swap meet, this is the only one with the acceleration pump. I have rebuilt 3 others from the parts and tested them on my car, a 29 Tudor, and found them to operate well but not as well as they have a very small delay in acceleration. Will look for others at SMs. Talked with Renner's and they indicated this version was used by GM on older Chevrolets. Oops, did I put this on a Ford.

This one sets up just like a Till and Zenith, idle adjustment and GAV. Starts with GAV open 3/4 - 1 turn open and after warmed up it runs around town and road at 1/4 open. Spark plugs look great after a longer run. Waiting to get into the higher mountains to see if the 1/4 more closure will work at higher altitudes.

I am running a 6.0 head, modified B cam with inserted bearing and 3.54 diff. This is sweet as it turns 2180 rpm at 55 mph. Looking forward to working out some MPG on a long trip. Using regular California gas, 10% alcohol.
GMCPASO is offline   Reply With Quote