View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #33
Russ B

Default Re: Remember that first Model A?

My first was a 68A cabriolet that I got in 1958 or 1959, just as I was becoming a teenager. I put hydraulic brakes on it at my father's insistence. It already had sealed beam headlights and smaller '35 ford wire wheels. It was all I drove once I got my drivers license, until I got my second Model A running. I really enjoyed regularly driving over the hill to southern Oregon, Ashland and Medford. It was reliable and more than adequate to keep up with the mostly 50 and 55 mph speed limits of the day.

I am now in the process of fully tearing it down one last time for final paint as I have been rebuilding it for the last five years. I am so lucky to have been able to keep it all these years. Still a Model A motor, hydraulic brakes, and sealed beam headlights. But I have added modern shocks, and have the fit and finish done to a much higher level than I was capable of over fifty years ago. This last year and a half, I have been driving it as I "perfected" it, and have been getting much pleasure and fond memories of my life when the same car was my only car.

Oh, the new color will be back to the original Andulasite Blue, as it was when my dad originally bought it new in late 1929. In the sixties, I had repainted it a metallic blue.
Russ B is offline   Reply With Quote