View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #20
GOSFAST

Default Re: Crank pulley Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennpm View Post
Hi John,

Regarding Gary's pic, I'm not sure why there are two sleeves in the plastic bags to the right. Do you use one or the other and are the ID and ODs the same for the 59A and the 8BA V8 crank snouts and pulley inside diameters? Then will my pulley form the 59A work with either of these replacement sleeves, spiraled or smooth?

Do I understand that you have used the spiral sleeve type extension with the rubber seal and its leak free?

Thanks!
Hi Glenn, don't take the risk of using a spiraled sleeve with the 1-pc seal, it's just not worth it??

It may work but if it doesn't it's a big deal to fix on a Flathead?

The I.D.'s on both type sleeves (these are all new in the photo) are different sizes, I actually have no clue why and since we don't use the spiraled ones it doesn't really matter here. The I.D. on the spiraled ones measures 1.316" and the smooth ones measure 1.313", this is a much better size for the fit on the crank!

Both the early and the late cranks are the same sizes on the snouts (I believe) where the sleeves/dampers ride? However, on rare occasions when we work with the early shafts most are worn down to about 1.305", again, have no clue why, can only venture a guess. Nowadays almost every shaft we use is aftermarket and new.

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. The sleeves in the bag just happened to be there for the photo shoot!
GOSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote