View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #15
Synchro909

Default Re: Model A crashed by distracted driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
To clarify my previous post, getting a car "tagged" is the state issued license plate/registration. This is mandatory to operate on public roads.
It is mandatory here too for the owner/driver to have the car registered. Registration includes a fee to cover the insurance for any person injured on the road as a result of an accident whether they were in a car or not. There is no requirement to insure for property damage though I think Third Party Property insurance would be a good thing. The terminology "Tagged" leaves me puzzled. When we pay our registration, there is nothing put on the car to show that it is paid. We used to have a sticker on the windscreen but the government realised they could save a few $ by eliminating it.
Every police car is fitted with number plate reading scanners which check the details against data on an onboard computer in real time. The data in the mobile comupter is uploaded daily to allow for changes such as ownership transfers, drivers who have lost their license etc We do not have titles for cars either.It seems to me that the systems here and there are very different.