View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 AM   #17
hardtimes

Default Re: Noisy metal timing gear cured by torsional damper

Quote:
Originally Posted by erl View Post
hi guys, I am the culprit who makes these Harmonic Dampers. I have been making them for the engines I build which have weights on the cranks and a lightened flywheel and when fitted removes the harmonic shudder that the As suffer. I recently sold a few to customers to try on there engines to see if they would improve a basic engine and buy the feedback they may be of some benefit. however there are a lot of variables that can affect an engine and I doubt a damper will cure all vibrations as it is there to absorb harmonic vibrations and a badly out of balance engine will vibrate at all revs.
I have fitted about 30 of these to my engines and had an early failure with the rubber bonding but made a modification and have had no other fail.
I guess what im saying is I can supply them to you but cant guarantee the result you will get. perhaps when a few more are fitted and reports come in we will get a better idea of success/failure!
I can supply them for $300 US including postage to most countries.
my email is [email protected]
regards Murray Horn.
Hey Murray,
WELCOME aboard !
One question....is the 'rubber' material that you are now using in latest models...vulcanized in between center and outer ring or pressed together ?

Last edited by hardtimes; 03-22-2017 at 01:50 AM. Reason: ........
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote