View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
montanafordman

Default Re: RE-VIST....Who makes the "Best" Tubes????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bratton View Post
About 10 years ago we at Brattons started making our own inner tubes because we had issues with the tubes that were currently on the market. When we had one of the tubes analyzed we found out that those tubes were being made with a high percentage of recycled rubber, and the thickness was severely lacking. So when we had ours made we had these tubes made with 100% new rubber and much thicker for longer life. Since we have started making and selling our own tubes the failure rate has decreased. I know the tubes are a bit more expensive than the others on the market, but we have had much better success with them.
Its great to hear from our parts suppliers once in a while. Even if they keep their opinions to themselves its nice to know they have an ear to our hobby and our concerns. I ordered a set of 5 tubes from Bratton's almost a year ago based on what was written about them and the stories of bad tubes people were experiencing. They have been holding air since last fall and I haven't touched them. About 800 miles and no trouble whatsoever. I did order the metal stem tubes which on the whole it seems people have less trouble with but this has been my experience.