View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
RockHillWill

Default Re: RE-VIST....Who makes the "Best" Tubes????

Hey Walt, GREAT to see you here, you are one of the 'good guys' in our hobby and I want to thank you for that. You at Brattons have played a great part in my restorations and I want to thank you for that as well.

Jeff and Debbie took the time to stop by the Panel Delivery in Lexington and had her picture taken with me. I appreciate them doing that. I also appreciate your giving me the opportunity to 'test' some of your prototype stuff, and it's always been of the highest quality, and I continue to use a great deal of your pieces for my component restorations for other folks use as well as my own.

I hope this is not sounding like a commercial, but I have been a HUGE fan of yours for over 15 years, when I was restoring a Wide Bed pickup for Fine Point judging. I had ordered the wrong date put on all my glass pieces and it was getting down to the wire, time wise, for taking it to Indianapolis. I called your place and Jeff stayed late, re-cut and re-etched the dates and overnighted them to me. I was very impressed with his effort and you are my go-to guys for that reason ever since.

I am building a new aluminum bodied speedster, and I will be getting some of those new tubes for sure. I used the Bratton tubes on the Panel Delivery, and after sitting for a year since Oshkosh. one tire was down one pound and one other was down 2 pounds. The others held the same pressure as when I unloaded form Oshkosh. I had to cut and install the tubes for the new valve stems, and I bet that that small leak was my fault.

Thank you Walt!