View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #4
31Tudor

Default Re: Need A LOT of help with Model A inheritance

Hi John,
first of all welcome to the Ford Barn. There is a wealth of knowledge here that can answer many questions for you. For encouragement I read your story first before looking at the pictures and they were much better than I was thinking it was going to. It looks to me like you have a very restorable car. I would start with the chassis and build my way back up. The most valuable thing that you can probably do is find your local/ nearest Model A Club. There you can look at cars, and get a better knowledge of how things are supposed to be/ or what it looks like, to help envision it, instead of reading about it. Those members would also be a resource for you as well.

I think another key is don't get overwhelmed by the whole project. Take sections and work on it like the frame, front end, then rear end, engine by thinking of it in more sections, you can see your progress and before long you have a completed chassis. It also allows you to work a "section" when time and money is there.

You can do your own body work and paint. I did my body work and paint in my garage making a plastic paint booth. It is possible, and you can do a good job. I watched many a YouTube video along with help from my local car paint shop. You could maybe take a paint and body class at a community college or trade center.

Good luck with your journey. You will get a lot of good ideas here on what to do, then you can sort through them and make your best decisions.
31Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote