View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
29tudorsedan

Default Re: One Shot drying time on tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire42 View Post
You did a nice job. I'm jealous. I spent hours getting mine ready for the Puyallup MAFCA Meet and had a similar drying problem but I assumed it was due to the humidity. I thought mine looked good until I got the car out into the sunlight. Boy! I did a terrible job. It's so bad I'll have to remove the paint and do it all over if I decide to show it again.

Did you do it free hand or use the Buegler stripping tool?
Thank you! I did it free hand, with a very tiny hypodermic needle as a very poor 'brush'... my original idea was to just use the needle as a striping tool controlling the flow, but it turned out the one shot was too thick to draw into the needle, so I just did it one drop at a time. About an hour per tire.

I have yet to stripe the rear goodyears because once I became aware of the drying issue I didn't want to re-paint 4 tires just in case it isn't ever going to dry.

It is very humid here, so I imagine that isn't helping.

I will say the Goodyear having a ridge on each side was extremely forgiving, I haven't put the stripe on my spare Firestone for that reason, but I have borrowed a Buegler to try and do the Firestone.

Did you use a Buegler on yours?
29tudorsedan is offline   Reply With Quote