View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #1
GSCOV

Default Check your nuts- No the car's-Ignition Switch

Had a problem with a recently restored 33 pickup. It had 10 miles on it and decided to take it to the first show of 2020 in my town. Rode up flawlessly, had lunch with some pals out and died on the way home. It sputtered and coughed as if it were running out of gas. Put gas in the tank and tried again. It would fire then die. This was repeated until the dead horse I was beating was surely dead. Lol. So I manually winched the pretty but unresponsive beast into my car trailer. Fast forward 4 weeks (to today) and got space in the shop and time to push it in. Put the battery charger on and started looking around. Hmmm under the hood looks fine. Hmmm better check the 2 wires at the ignition switch block. Aha! wires are loose. Quick fix with a 5/16 wrench and it fired and ran. Had this problem before with a 32 coupe that I just bought. I think some people only hand tighten these nuts since there are knurls on the outside edge to do just that. Sorry for short story turned long, but maybe this will help someone who has already pulled their hair out wondering why their car won't start today when it did yesterday. The End.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00a51.JPG (175.5 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by GSCOV; 11-01-2020 at 12:04 PM.
GSCOV is offline   Reply With Quote