View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #4
oldandtired

Default Re: My dad's '35 pickup becoming my son's first car...

Flat Ernie...I am glad your son is interested and willing to work on the old pickup. What I can see in the pictures (other than the frame) looks like a very nice start. Back in the mid to late 1990's I bought a 1935 Ford pickup out in Kansas that was pretty complete. I was going to build it for my son to drive to high school. I got started on it but when my son was old enough to get his driver's license, the last thing on his mind was a stock 35 pickup with no a/c, no power-steering, no stereo, mechanical brakes, and a standard. He ended up driving a relative's hand me down Mustang Convertible alternating with my 37 pickup streetrod. He darn near gave both my wife and I whiplash trying to teach him to drive a Standard. He played soccer in high school but for some reason it seemed like he had two left feet and no communication at all between his arms and legs when it came to shifting. He is now 27 years old and I still have the pickup. Several years ago I got rid of the boxes I had because I got tired of moving them and the homes they went to were occupied by people either farther along or in one case just interested in a box I had that was made by Anthony, not Ford. I have a lot of it painted and the chassis is done except for 2 shocks, but the chances of my finishing it or my son ever wanting it without it being converted to a modern drivetrain is essentially nil. I have a couple of other projects that will likely never be completed, either.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote